DerelictGL3 reload crashes in 32 builds

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 21 05:38:28 PDT 2017

On Monday, 21 August 2017 at 02:40:59 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Sunday, 20 August 2017 at 19:29:55 UTC, Igor wrote:
>> In 64 bit builds it works with both LDC and DMD but in 32 bit
>> LDC version crashes and DMD release version crashes. Using LDC
>> debug build I managed to find that it crashes after executing
>> ret instruction from bindGLFunc in glloader. If someone wants
>> to try it you can do it with this project:
>> https://github.com/igor84/dngin. I was testing this from
>> Visual Studio but dub 32 bit LDC build also crashed.
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong or is this some known DerelictGL3
>> or compiler issue?
>
> This is a known issue [1] that I'm currently trying to resolve.
> I hadn't yet tested it using free functions (the bug report
> uses context types), so this new information helps.
>
> [1] https://github.com/DerelictOrg/DerelictGL3/issues/56

I'm unable to reproduce this locally using my little test app. It
only crashes for me in 32-bit when using context objects.

I also took your winmain.d module, modified it to compile with
`dub --single`, then compiled and executed it with both the
default architecture (-m32) and -m32mscoff (via dub's
-ax86_mscoff command line argument). In both cases it compiled
executed just fine.

Have you tried to compile outside of VisualD?