GStreamer issues.

Mike Wey via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 23 07:34:08 PDT 2017

On 22-08-17 21:28, Johnson wrote:

> Thanks, that works!
>
> Could you address some of my concerns:
>
> 1. I need to be able to get the raw data, is this easily possible with
> gstreamer?
>
> 2. It's quite a big package 600mb+ total and about 150 for the bin and
> 150 for the lib. Eventually I want to support android, this seems quite
> excessive for it. I'm not familiar with Gstreamer though and maybe most
> of that space is "junk". It seems people use it already on android so
> I'm not too worried, I imagine it can be customized?
>
> 3. Does Gstreamer/D provide any type of EQ, pitch shifting, stretching,
> etc?
>
> 4. Do you have any idea why the original code would work? I ask because
> maybe in the future I'll need to use it for other purposes and don't
> wanna hit a brick wall.
>
> Note that I'm completely new to gstreamer and only learned of it through
> gtkD... so some of these might be basic questions. I'm just trying to
> find something simple to use but is robust so I don't waste time
> learning an api that isn't going to really do what I need. I was plan on
> using portaudio and ffmpeg, but ffmpegD doesn't really seem to work(old
> bindings I guess). I also had trouble with portaudio not playing any
> sound, but haven't spent much time with it to why.
>
> Gstreamer, with your updated example, works though. Just not sure how
> far of a leap I'll have to make to get it working the way I need in my app.

I'm not all to familiar with GStreamer, i'll answer as best as i can.

1. Probably.

2. ~700MB of static libraries for android, i don't know how much of that
would be linked into you executable, but personally i would find that a
bit excessive space wise for an android app.

3. Maybe.

4. In the original demo the pipeline was set up manually, this gives you
full control over the pipeline, but you do need to know what you are
doing. It wont work when using the wrong Elements, source, or destination.

--
Mike Wey