Terminating a thread (which is blocking)

Timothy Foster via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 24 00:23:15 PDT 2017

I've started a thread at the beginning of my program that waits
for user input:

`thread = new Thread(&checkInput).start;`

`static void checkInput(){
     foreach (line; stdin.byLineCopy) { ... }
}`

I need to stop checking for user input at some point in my
program but I'm not sure how to kill this thread.
`thread.yield();` called from my main thread doesn't kill it and
I'm not sure how to send a message to the input checking thread
to get it to terminate itself when `stdin.byLineCopy` just sits
there and blocks until user input is received.