Building (and including libraries) without dub

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 26 06:56:46 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 26 August 2017 at 12:45:31 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 26 August 2017 at 09:03:03 UTC, Hasen Judy wrote:
>> Building simple programs without dub is easy, just pass a list
>> of .d source files to `dmd` or `ldc2`.
>>
>> What if I want to include a 3rd party library?
>
> It is also easy, just pass the list of its d source files to
> the compiler as well. Quite trivial, really.

Note that yesterday I pushed a PR to dmd that allows you to
import 3rd party libraries without having to list all their d
source files on the command line
(https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7099).  So long as the
compiler knows where to find them (using -I<path>), if you
specify -ci (compile imports) it will automatically treat all
unknown imports as if they were specified on the command line.