Comparison of Enumerations with base type of String?

Michael Reiland via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 15:01:52 PDT 2017

whoa, you can use a struct as a basetype for an enum?  I'm
guessing it allows you to associate more information with the
enum without using lookup tables and the like?  And equality is
probably just a memberwise comparison of the struct itself?

That seems interesting like an interesting idea, although I'm not
sure if I'd ever use it.

I'm mostly just trying to get a feel for how things work
underneath so I have a general understanding of the performance
implications of things (in a very general sense).

Thanks for the indepth responses, I've learned a few things from
them.