xml utf-8 encoding error

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 29 08:55:50 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 at 04:41:34 UTC, graw-prog wrote:
> I'm not sure what the problem is. It seems to be may the
> lowercase 'utf-8' in the charset section but I'm not sure if
> the problem is some mistake I made, a bug in DMD or just lousy
> xml. Either way is there any way around this issue?

It looks like a bug in Phobos:

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/source/std.net.curl.d.html#L2470

That's where it populates the charset that it passes to Phobos'
(woefully inadequate btw) encoding decoder... and it doesn't
handle the quotes correctly according to the http standard.

I guess you could probably hack it by editing your copy of Phobos
or change your server to remove the quotes.