DIPs - question about mores, etiquette and DIP1009 in particular

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 30 15:09:21 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 17:16:11 UTC, Cecil Ward wrote:
> Is there a way I can simply register my vote eg about DIP 1009?
> My vote is 'no thanks'. Like the existing system, don't care
> about the alleged verbosity / room thing, and please whatever
> do not deprecate the existing syntax because I use it all over
> the place and the blocks can have complex code in them using
> statements and multiple statements.

DIPs are not voted on. The decision to accept or reject rests
with Walter & Andrei. The place to discuss DIP features is in the
preliminary reviews. DIP 1009 had two prelim rounds. The feedback
phase of the formal review is for final remarks from the
community (but not discussion or debate), so the current DIP 1009
thread is the place to leave any thoughts you'd like Walter &
Andrei to consider, particularly if you missed the prelims.

That said, this DIP doesn't deprecate the existing syntax. The
new syntax is intended to be lowered to it.