std.range.interfaces : InputRange moveFront

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Fri Dec 1 09:29:13 UTC 2017

On Friday, 1 December 2017 at 09:11:40 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:

> I tested it and it works like you wrote, but the behavior is
> different for an array of integers...:

Hmm, I guess I misread what Ali meant. But the documentation is
wrong/very confusing for moveFront:
It says "moveFront -- Removes the front element of a range." and
"Moves the front of r out and returns it."  With "to move _out_",
I would expect that the range is advanced/shortened/..., but it
is not.

(Also, I would expect "popFront" to return the element popped,
but it doesn't, OK...
So which function name is given to the behavior of "pop" of other
languages?)

-Johan