git workflow for D

Arun Chandrasekaran aruncxy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 01:26:45 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 3 December 2017 at 23:39:49 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> On Sunday, 3 December 2017 at 22:22:47 UTC, Arun Chandrasekaran
> wrote:
>> Git CLI is arcane and esoteric. I've lost my commits before
>> (yeah, my mistake).
>
> Who hasn't ;)
> Happened to me last time because i tried a command supposed to
> remove untracked files in submodules...but used "reset" in a
> wrong way... ouch.

If you still lose changes, you could try using Mercurial with
hggit. It can be a bit slow, but not destructive as git itself. ;)

I really wish Mercurial won instead of git. Now that hg evolve
and hg topic are stable, that actually alleviates the need for
git. But the world talks git now. So everyone else is forced to
talk in git :(

I guess, without StackOverflow and GitHub, no one would be using
git.

Facebook uses Mercurial and their team is working on a Mercurial
server in Rust. https://github.com/facebookexperimental/mononoke

I thought Facebook uses DLang as well. No one's motivated to
write one in DLang?