git workflow for D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Dec 5 18:38:21 UTC 2017

On Mon, Dec 04, 2017 at 12:02:37PM -0800, Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> Paraphrasing someone I trust very much, "Never 'pull', always 'fetch
> -p' and then rebase."

I always use `git pull --ff-only`.  Lets me pull when it's "safe",
aborts if it will end up in a mess (i.e., tell me when I've made a
boo-boo and committed to master).  Usually, I only make changes in a
local branch, so it's just a matter of rebasing the local branch
afterwards.

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.