git workflow for D

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Wed Dec 6 05:33:25 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, December 06, 2017 04:56:17 Arun Chandrasekaran via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Looks like Mercurial is going to be rewritten in Rust
> https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/OxidationPlan
>
> So Facebook don't use D?

As I understand it, the main languages at Facebook are C++ and PHP, but they
use a variety of languages depending on who's doing the work and what part
of Facebook they're in. Some of them were using D while Andrei was working
there. I don't know if they're using it now or not. But even if some of them
are still using D, others could be using Rust or whatever took their fancy
and their bosses let them use. IIRC, some of the Facebook guys in London
were even using Haskell.

- Jonathan M Davis