Sort characters in string

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 6 15:12:22 UTC 2017

On 12/6/17 4:34 AM, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 09:24:33 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> UTF-32 on the other hand is guaranteed to have a code unit be a full
>> code point.
>
> I don't think the standard says that? Isn't this only because the
> current set is small enough to fit? So this may change as Unicode grows?

The current unicode encoding has 2 million different code points. I'd
say we'll all be dead and so will our great great great grandchildren by
the time unicode amasses more than 2 billion codepoints :)

Also, UTF8 has been standardized to only have up to 4 code units per
code point. The encoding scheme allows more, but the standard restricts it.

-Steve