Sort characters in string

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Thu Dec 7 20:23:45 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 09:34:48 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 December 2017 at 09:24:33 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
> wrote:
>> UTF-32 on the other hand is guaranteed to have a code unit be
>> a full code point.
>
> I don't think the standard says that? Isn't this only because
> the current set is small enough to fit? So this may change as
> Unicode grows?

No. Unicode uses only 21 bits and it is very unlikely to change
anytime soon as barely 17 are really used. This means the current
range can be grown by more than 16 times what it is now. So
definitely, one UTF-32 codeunit is guaranted to hold any
codepoint, forever.