Create D portable binary

Fra Mecca me at francescomecca.eu
Fri Dec 8 05:16:22 UTC 2017

Is there a way to compile a project and deploying it as a single
statically linked binary?

My main target would be something like a self contained jar (like
.war files), but something that is in the style of go binaries
and portable to another Linux distribution without any hassle
would be enough.

 From what I understand the main problem in achieving this is the
dependency to curl (all the warnings related to gethostbyname
during linking phase) and glibc that makes it hard to static link.

What if musl is used as libc?

Right now it seems that the only viable option is to distribute
object files and make the end user link them