Derelict on Ubuntu with CODE::BLOCKS

RegeleIONESCU regeleionescu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 16:50:10 UTC 2017

Hello!

Please help me install and use Derelict on Ubuntu 16.04!

I saw this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exQ43PFWJBU
and I wanted to do it in D but I got lost, totally lost. First
step is to import OpenGL via Derelict.

I am using Code::Blocks 16.01 with DMD. I downloaded all the
archives from https://github.com/DerelictOrg. I tried to copy the
folders into /usr/included/dmd, I tried and copied them to the
lib folder, then I tried something with DUB - which says it needs
a dub.sdl file although the file was right there beside it, in
the same folder I run DUB from. I even tried to setup some paths
in CB in project build options/debug/linker&search settings. I
searched for tutorials but couldn't find one on how to install
Derelict on Ubuntu. To make things even worse, I discovered that
one needs not only to install Derelict but after that needs to
install other libraries too that do not come with Derelict. I
mention that I read Derelict documentation - but I get lost,
things do not work at all and I am not used at all with linking,
binding etc.

Please tell me step by step how to make Derelict work with my
Code::Blocks. I would like to make it system wide available, so
that it is available for any project I make in CB.

A little background on myself: I am a visual artist interested in
programming. I used Python for a while, I did small projects,
functional programming mainly, for example I made a small program
that converts words into images. I learned C++ but never used it
in real projects. I love D and I want to make all my future
projects in D.

Thank you!