GUI program on Mac OS in D?

mrphobby mrp at spinrock.net
Wed Dec 13 12:18:00 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 23 November 2017 at 17:28:43 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> I have a simple example [2] of an application that shows a
> window with a WebKit view, i.e. and embedded browser. This
> works with the upstream DMD and LDC compilers. It basically
> only contains bindings for what I needed for that sample
> application. As you'll see there you need to use some parts of
> the Objective-C runtime to create class instances and
> subclasses. Also some gymnastics are required for class/static
> methods.

I have been taking a look at your example. Looks pretty neat!
Some advanced mixin stuff there that looks pretty useful.
However, as far as I can tell there is no handling of
retain/release. How would you incorporate this into your mixin
system without having to put "release" in all the interface
definitions? Would it be possible to somehow hook this up
automatically to the D destructor perhaps? Interested in hearing
your thoughts on this!