GUI program on Mac OS in D?

mrphobby mrp at spinrock.net
Thu Dec 14 11:36:46 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 14 December 2017 at 10:14:13 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> That is to register the methods with the Objective-C runtime.
> Currently the @selector attribute can only be used on methods
> that are already implemented in Objective-C. If a need to
> implement a new method or override an existing method in a
> subclass, then it's necessary to manually register that method
> with the runtime.

Ok I understand it now, thanks!

I'm thinking it would be nice to wrap this setup code into some
kind of mixin template so that I could put the required
configuration setup in each class. In other languages like Python
or C# I would maybe decorate my methods with an attribute and
then use reflection to build the proper data structures at
runtime. However, I'm completely new to D so it's a bit difficult
to see a good solution here. If you have any ideas how to do this
I'd appreciate it. Thanks for all help!