DMD Test Suite Windows

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Mon Dec 18 19:19:39 UTC 2017

On Monday, 18 December 2017 at 16:06:33 UTC, Jonathan Marler
wrote:
> Trying to run the dmd test suite on windows, looks like Digital
> Mars "make" doesn't work with the Makefile, I tried Gnu Make
> 3.81 but no luck with that either.  Anyone know which version
> of make it is supposed to work with on windows?  Is it supposed
> to work on windows at all?

LDC is running the dmd-testsuite with GNU make v4.2.1 (whose
source comes with a Visual Studio solution btw) on Win32 and
Win64. IIRC, the OS detection needed to be tweaked
(OS=win32|win64) and additional GNU tools were needed (=> using
the ones git ships with). I didn't realize there's a Digital Mars
make. ;)