tuples from text file

codephantom me at noyb.com
Wed Dec 20 00:47:16 UTC 2017

so I have a text file containing 3 lines(e.g):

5, "hello", 4.3
"hello", 4.3
"hello", "world", 1, 2, 3, 5.5

Now I want to create tuples from each line.

However, (using line 1 as example), I get:

Tuple!string("5, \"hello\", 4.3")

but I really want:

Tuple!(int, string, double)(5, "hello", 4.3)

I know why - because a line is a string.

But anyone got an idea on how to extract the string into separate
elements that can be correctly 'tuple'd" according to the type of
each element?

// -------
module test;

import std.stdio : writeln;
import std.typecons;
import std.string;
import std.file : readText;

void main()
{
     string myFile= "tuples.txt"; // contains 3 lines as per
examples above
     auto lineArr = readText(myFile).splitLines();
     writeln( tuple(lineArr[0]) ); // doesn't give me the tuple I
want.
}