GC in D and synadard library.

Dan Partelly i at i.com
Thu Dec 21 10:49:46 UTC 2017

I started to look into D very recently. I would like to know the
following, if you guys are so nice to help me:

1. What is the performance of D's GC, what trade-offs where done
in design , and if a in-deep primer on efficient usage and
gotchas of the current implementation exists.

2. GC is never good enough. What are the current plans in this
area for D. In general, please point me to the place where
current work on D is done.

3. I need to be able to run with GC totally disabled sometimes.
In the light of this:
    - are there any features of core language which depend on
garbage collection ? (i.e unbound arrays, strings ..)
    - are there any features from standard library which depend on
active garbage collection?
    - Please point me to a list where there is an exhaustive
enumeration of which language features *and* library features
requires GC active. Looking at standard library docs I did not
seen markings which identify clearly and unequivocally what
requires GC active and what not.

4. Is Andrei Alexandrescu's book from 2009 on D still actual, or
the language evolution made it obsolete ?

With thanks.