Compile to non-OS binary

Amorphorious Amorphorious at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 10:08:47 UTC 2017

On Sunday, 24 December 2017 at 03:24:36 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 December 2017 at 03:15:58 UTC, Amorphorious wrote:
>> In fact, it would be very helpful to have switches that
>> disable the various "features" of D that I will not use rather
>> than having to do any self compilation.
>
> The way I did it was create a custom runtime only including the
> features I wanted, then use `-defaultlib=` to disable linking
> in the library.. There's also the `-betterC` switch that will
> skip things like this too.
>
> This is my old code, but emphasis on old, I haven't updated it
> for over a year and runtime hacks like this tend to need tweaks
> to keep working http://arsdnet.net/dcode/minimal.zip
>
> I believe gdc also has several flags to disable individual
> features.

Thanks.

We can remove phobos easily but the runtime must be custom, which
requires recompiling with the appropriate compilers.

How much hacking have you had to do? is it mainly just removing
bits of code or did you have to do extensive work? and if so,
what areas, if you recall?

Did you having any major problems messing around with this stuff
or is it pretty straight forward?