DMD Windows 64bit target - how to setup the environment?

realhet real_het at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 25 16:35:26 UTC 2017

Now I have my first DMD 64bit windows console app running. (And
I'm already afraid of the upcoming windowed application haha)

After further fiddling I installed the >>>Visual Cpp tools
2015<<< package that contains a linker with x64 stuff in it
(along with several GB of bloatware).

contents of test64bit.d: import std.stdio; void
main(){writeln("Hello 64");}

compiling:
>dmd test64bit.d -c -op -allinst -vcolumns -m64

linking:
>"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
>14.0\VC\bin\amd64\link.exe"
   /MACHINE:X64
   /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE
   test64bit.obj
   /LIBPATH:c:\D\dmd2\windows\lib64
   /LIBPATH:"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
14.0\VC\lib\amd64"
   /LIBPATH:"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64"
   /LIBPATH:"c:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\10\Lib\10.0.10240.0\ucrt\x64"
   legacy_stdio_definitions.lib

(note: legacy_stdio_definitions.lib contains sprintf and sscanf)