Cross-compile with LDC

kinke via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 8 08:21:49 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at 14:57:41 UTC, Oleg B wrote:
> Hello all! I want to build ldc cross compiller. I found this
> instruction
> https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC_cross-compilation_for_ARM_GNU/Linux,
> but I have some doubts: will it works with ldc-1.1.0?
> Particularly interested in the patch
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/claudemr/3367c13095b15d449b1591eb38d098d9/raw/3517a5db2228e57da9dd8880a82d6bfe6f0e38f1/ldc_1.0.0_gnu_arm. It's for ldc-1.0.0 and sources can be changed.
> Maybe somewhere I found patch for ldc-1.1.0?
> Maybe someone already build cross ldc for linux x86_64?))

Hi Oleg,

first of all, we have an LDC forum/NG
(http://forum.dlang.org/group/ldc) which would be more
appropriate for your question. The referenced LDC patch is
derived from https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/1317,
which hasn't been merged yet (but will be in not-too-distant
future).
As you haven't explicitly specified what your target platform is,
I can only assume that it's 32-bit ARM. With a vanilla LDC,
cross-compiling to ARM with its double-precision reals will only
work correctly if your LDC host compiler uses double-precision
reals too, which isn't the case for Linux x86(_64), but for
Windows. My LDC PR would make it work with a non-Windows x86(_64)
host too, but only if the target (not the host) uses at most
double-precision reals.