Static array size?

Arek via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 9 04:57:38 PST 2017

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 at 11:22:28 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> Docs says that:
> "The total size of a static array cannot exceed 16Mb."
> But when I am creation array of:
> int [1000_000] x; // 1000_000 is equal ~ 0,95MB
> app crush on start.
>
> Should it's reserve this memory with guaranty? I mean that
> after app start it should take +0.95MB of RAM in task manager.

First of all, as others said it is 4 bytes * 1000000, what gives
about 4MB.
Do you allocate this array on the stack? (local variables are
created on the stack)
If yes, maybe you've exceeded the size of the stack. Declare the
array out of the scope of any function and check again.
The size of the stack can be set in the linker
(http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.766.1291253609.21107.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com).