Mallocator and 'shared'

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 15 02:21:19 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 15 February 2017 at 09:49:52 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 February 2017 at 15:57:47 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner
> wrote:
>> You seem to be trying to argue against someone stating memory
>> barriers should be emitted automatically, though I don't know
>> why you think that's me; You initially stated that
>>> Memory barriers are a bad idea because they don't defend from
>>> a race condition, but they look like they do
>
> You were concerned that implementation doesn't match FAQ
> regarding automatic barriers. I thought we were talking about
> that.

The implementation does match the FAQ, since the FAQ states they
aren't implemented. It's whether or not the FAQ states that they
are supposed to be implemented that's the issue in my opinion.
Also, what I initially replied to you about regarding memory
barriers - not automatic emission of memory barriers - was your
statement that they are a bad idea.