multi-dimensional arrays, not arrays of arrays

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 18 03:47:03 PST 2017

On Saturday, 18 February 2017 at 10:37:21 UTC, XavierAP wrote:
> Does D provide anything like this? Otherwise, was this ever
> considered and were reasons found not to have it?

They are implemented as part of the Mir project. We call them
ndslices.

https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
Docs: http://docs.algorithm.dlang.io/

See also other Mir projects at https://github.com/libmir.

std.experimental.ndslice is a deprecated version of mir.ndslice.
std.experimental.ndslice provides only numpy like tensors.
mir.ndslice provides all kinds of tensors. Sparse tensors can be
found at https://github.com/libmir/mir

Best,
Ilya