Getting nice print of struct for debugging

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 20 08:04:17 PST 2017

Hello,
I have a little program where I am filling a struct with values
from an regex match.
Now I want to display the content of the struct for debugging
purpose.

If struct is named MyStruct

I can print a list of the field names with:

foreach(fieldname;FieldNameTuple!MyStruct){writef("%s
",fieldname);}

If myvar is of type MyStruct how can I make a table like:

fieldname_1: value_1
fieldname_2: value_2
.
.
fieldname_n: value_n

Is there a way to do this with a single expression in D.

Similar to a ruby call myvar.send(fieldname) to get the value
from fieldname inside a loop?
write(myvar); sure is working directly but I want to get the
field names displayed, too.

(A work around might be work with the format("%s",myvar) string
and extract the values with an index?)

Regards mt.