Debugging D applications from VS code with webfreak.debug

FR via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 10:39:47 PST 2017

On Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 17:54:09 UTC, FR wrote:
> gdb is in my path, I can run it from the command line. When I
> run 'gdb test.exe' (test.exe being the binary placed in my
> workspace folder), I get the error message "not in executable
> format: File format not recognized", whether I build as x86 or
> x86_64. Any further tips on where I could get a working gdb?

Nevermind on this one. Turns out something was off with the gdb
from my MinGW installation. Got a new one from
http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=gdb , placed it
where it can be found and it runs. Yay!

However: I cannot seem to get breakpoints to work. When my
executable is launched, the debug output says "No symbol table is
loaded.  Use the "file" command.". Is there any special flag I
need to set in my dub.json? Should I point the "target" and "cwd"
in the launch.json anywhere but the executable that pops up in my
${workspaceRoot} (e.g. one of the sub-folders of .dub/build)?