ddoc: Can I escape a colon?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 13:17:33 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 04:04:39PM -0500, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> Suppose I want ddoc output to include this line:
>
> --------------
> Note: Blah blabbety blah
> --------------
>
> But the colon causes "Note" to be considered a section header. Is
> there a way to escape the ":" so that it's displayed as expected, but
> doesn't trigger a section?

Try:

	_Note: Blah blabbety blah

?

Generally, whenever ddoc does something you don't like, sticking an
underscore in front of the offending word is often the solution.  (It's
sorta like Windows and the 3-finger salute, but I digress. ;-))

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.