ddoc: Can I escape a colon?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 23 13:49:25 PST 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 01:39:11PM -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> Nah, that's overkill. This works:
>
> 	Note$(COLON) blah blah blah
>
> Apparently COLON is defined to be ':' in the default ddoc macros, so
> you needn't define it yourself.
[...]

Bah, I was wrong, you *do* need to manually define COLON yourself. :-(

I'm becoming more and more convinced that software that tries to be
smart ends up being even dumber than before.  Ddoc trying to
automagically turn text into HTML is an example. :-(

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence. -- Napoleon Bonaparte