CTFE difference between dmd and ldc2

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 7 14:55:55 PST 2017

On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 09:57:25 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 09:24:23 UTC, Joseph Rushton
> Wakeling wrote:
>> Sorry for delay in following up on this.  Yes, the same
>> problem occurs with dmd 2.071 (as installed from the deb
>> package downloaded from dlang.org).
>
> Specifically, I tested with 2.071.2, which I understand is the
> exact same frontend version as LDC 1.1.0-beta6.
>
> So, looks like the issue could be backend-related?

Just to re-raise the issue: it's a blocker for what would
otherwise be quite a nice and useful PR for Phobos:
https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/5011

Assuming a fix is not on the cards any time soon, if anyone could
suggest an alternative way to achieve the desired result, I'd be
very grateful.

I should probably also create a formal issue for this.  Any
thoughts on how best to break it down into a minimal example?  It
does not appear easy to do so at first glance :-\