Mixin in Inline Assembly

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 11 09:32:35 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 15:39:49 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 at 06:14:35 UTC, Era Scarecrow
> wrote:
>>
>> Suddenly reminds me some of the speedup assembly I was writing
>> for wideint, but seems I lost my code. too bad, the 128bit
>> multiply had sped up and the division needed some work.
>
> I'm a taker if you have some algorithm to reuse 32-bit divide
> in wideint division instead of scanning bits :)

  I remember the divide was giving me some trouble. The idea was
to try and use the built in registers and limits of the assembly
to take advantage of full 128bit division, unfortunately if the
result is too large to fit in a 64bit result it breaks, rather
than giving me half the result and letting me work with it.

  Still I think I'll impliment my own version and then if it's
faster I'll submit it.