switch to member

Ignacious via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 13 19:20:24 PST 2017

When doing common functionality for a switch, is there any way to
optimize:

switch(x)
{
     case X:
          q.X = e;
          break;
     case Y:
          q.Y = e;
          break
     etc...
}

e is basically a value that, depending on the what kind(x), we
assign it to a field in q. The name of the field and the case
label are identical(in fact, it wouldn't hurt to do it either
automatically(if x's enum name, if exists, matches a field, auto
assign) or create the field in the class q automatically if the
label matches a certain range or set).

Basically the idea is to avoid duplicating a lot of code.

I imagine one could write a string mixin that generates the cases
and assignments but I'm hoping for a more elegant solution.