What do you use to generate documentation?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 19 10:52:57 PST 2017

On Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 18:45:05 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> It's seems that there is no any big changes in this deal.

I made my doc gen since then and ddox has grown since then as
well. Only other major change is ddoc just got new styling in the
newest dmd beta. Still the same ddoc, just nicer looking out of
the box.

> ok. I know that there is a lot of other docs-gen, but who can
> give me answer about flag `-c` why its used?

dmd -c means do not link the executable. You use it when just
creating object files (for separate linking) or when you don't
want the program generated for some other reason.

Since the command is just meant to generate docs, it used -c to
skip generating the exe too.