working with and installing multiple versions of dmd and D's std-library on linux/ubuntu

BBasile via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 20 02:29:18 PST 2017

On Friday, 20 January 2017 at 09:54:58 UTC, David wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am wondering what a good strategy would be to install and
> work with multiple versions of DMD and the associated standard
> library on Linux/Ubuntu? The background is that for some
> features and libraries I need another compiler/std-lib version
> than for others. So having the opportunity to choose the
> compiler and the associated std-lib manually would be nice.
>
> David

Hi, for me it looks like a feature of the editor or of the IDE.
It's implemented in Coedit
(http://bbasile.github.io/Coedit/options_compilers_paths). It
works fine because the IDE is an environment that manages the
selection for the different features (this compiler for the
scripts, this one for DUB, etc) and changing the selection (use
this compiler for DUB now, use this one later for another
project) is also applied directly to DCD.