@nogc and opengl errors check

Jerry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 21 04:24:09 PST 2017

On Friday, 20 January 2017 at 22:47:17 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am writing some code with opengl commands that I want to
> check in debug, so I am using the function checkgl (from
> glamour lib).
>
> The issue is that checkgl throw exception and can't be @nogc, I
> had try to use std.experimental.logger in place of exceptions,
> but it doesn't work either.
>
> I mostly want to be able to check the opengl errors only in
> debug in a way that can make the debugger breaks.
>
> On an other part as I will certainly have to log some events
> (even in release) I would appreciate that the logger be able to
> be used in @nogc functions, maybe with allocators?

Don't use checkgl, it just bloats you code and there's an actual
debug feature in OpenGL now. It provides more information than
just an enum as well. So when a function has multiple errors that
use the same enum, you can actually know what the error was
rather than guessing.

https://www.khronos.org/opengl/wiki/Debug_Output