General performance tips

albert-j via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 23 03:11:21 PST 2017

I have translated some simulation code from Java into D (a few
classes, mostly manipulation of double arrays in small methods).
D version runs 10-30% slower than Java (ldc2, dub release build).
Profiling did not show any obvious bottlenecks. I am wondering
whether I missed something, or such performance difference can be
expected. I read on this forum that marking methods final and
nothrow can help, but it didn't do much in my case. Is there
anything else I should be looking for?
In general, something like a wiki page with performance tips
would be very useful for D newcomers like me! :)