Learning resources

Dlearner via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 24 12:15:38 PST 2017

Hey all!

I'm learning programming through D and having a really good time
(much better than with C++ or Python).  I'm aiming to make little
games with it as a hobby so I've learned some OpenGL stuff.
But, I feel like I'm learning more library code rather than D
concepts and idioms, especially where efficiency and performance
are concerned.  (I also have a light interest in functional
programming for when it would make sense to employ those
principles.)

Are there any tutorials that show off the power of D with worked
examples that explain the importance of certain features?