Is it possible to "cache" results of compile-time executions between compiles?

Profile Anaysis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 24 13:36:50 PST 2017

On Tuesday, 24 January 2017 at 16:49:03 UTC, TheFlyingFiddle
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 January 2017 at 16:41:13 UTC, TheFlyingFiddle
> wrote:
>> Everything turned out soooo much better than expected :)
> Added bonus is that mixin output can be viewed in the generated
> files :D

Could you post your solution?

I suggest we get a real caching module like above that has the
extra feature of hashing the mixin strings.

This way the caching mechanism can validate if the mixin strings
have changed. Put the hash in a comment in the output file that
used to test if the input string has the same hash. If it does,
simply use the output file, else, regenerate.

Adds some overhead but keeps things consistent.

(Since I'm not sure what Cache!() is, I'm assuming it doesn't do
this)