Are there plans to make mono D work with current version?

James Buren via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 25 15:00:05 PST 2017

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 22:37:30 UTC, Lucas wrote:
> Looking forward to get back to programming in D, I went to set
> up to my favorite environment: Mono D. After lots of download,
> Mono, Gtk#, MSBuild tools, VS 13 commnunity... I get an error
> saying it won't load my D language binding because my current
> Mono version is higher than D language binding's supports.
>
> Are there any plans to make it work in the current version or
> any workaround or should I really downgrade everything?
>
> I'm asking this here because it's likely to the author of the
> mono D read that forum (thank you very much for the extension,
> by the way)

Most likely, you are dealing with this issue:
https://github.com/aBothe/Mono-D/issues/648

MonoDevelop 5.x is the latest version supported. They haven't
gotten around to making it compatible with anything newer due to
various reasons, mainly it being that MonoDevelop has  completed
changed the plugin API again.

If you really need Mono-D, you are stuck with MonoDevelop 5.x for
now.