Problems compiling sqlite-d

Nestor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 28 16:36:34 PST 2017

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 00:14:02 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 28 January 2017 at 21:03:08 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> It's not native though.
>
> It's a mistake to ask for native D implementations of mature C
> libraries, especially a public domain one like sqlite. There's
> just no advantage in production use to rewrite it.

Well, native implementations are useful at least for building
self-contained applications. Also, one can learn more advanced
features of the language studying them.

On the other hand, while for example C has a low overhead, I
believe a properly optimized implementation in D could match and
perhaps even surpass C code in terms of performance and safety,
so at least for me, if someone has the knowledge and time to
reimplement mature libraries in D, kudos to him/her, as a mere
ignorant mortal I will certainly appreciate the effort. ;)