Problems compiling sqlite-d

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 28 18:51:19 PST 2017

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 at 01:02:07 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Agreed but there can be happy surprises. :) Just because it's
> fresh in my mind: Jon Degenhardt implemented D versions of
> existing C, Go, and Rust tool kits in D and saw 3 to 10 times
> performance increase in many cases (not all).

Yeah, but those are relatively simple tools, not a heavily used
database like sqlite.

I support the creation of sqlite-d, it does some cool stuff and
there is potential for more, but I just don't agree that using
the C functions should be a dealbreaker (or even a serious
negative, given sqlite's nature especially)