Problems compiling sqlite-d

Nestor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 30 04:22:27 PST 2017

On Monday, 30 January 2017 at 03:07:22 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
>> If I specify all source files, there are even more problems:
>>  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _sqlite3_open
>
> It apparently couldn't find sqlite3.lib.
>
>> Files sqlite3.{def|dll|lib} are on both source/ and
>> source/arsd/ (just in case)
>
> Try specifying it on the command line too:
>
> dmd app.d database.d sqlite.d sqlite3.lib
>
> Though this may still require sqlite3.dll there too, unless it
> was built statically.

I found out the cause of the problem.

First I tried to verify if the linker was able to find
sqlite3.lib using Process Monitor by Mark Russinovich, and at
least there were IRP_MJ_CREATE, FASTIO_QUERY_INFORMATION,
IRP_MJ_READ and FASTIO_READ operations with the correct path to
sqlite3.lib where the result was SUCCESS, so apparently the
linker could find the file.

So I opened sqlite3.bn in notepad++ just to see the name of the
symbols and not even one started with an underscore, so I created
sqlite3.lib again with these arguments and this time it compiled:

implib /system sqlite3.lib sqlite3.dll