D, Game Development, GLSL, Math

Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 1 22:15:26 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 1 July 2017 at 19:23:57 UTC, Void-995 wrote:

> Looking good, but I'm thinking more about 1:1 GLSL syntax (main
> reason - rapid prototype of GLSL/HLSL/OpenCL in D and code
> portability back and forward basing on usage) and heavy
> depending on SIMD. Just math and nothing else. Also may be a
> nice excersise for myself.

You can just depend on the subpackage gfm:math.

Is 1:1 GLSL syntax that good? In GLSL:
- per-item max is just called "max" which clashes with Phobos.
Most GLSL function names clash with Phobos which creates errors
when both are imported.
- mat3x4 is a 3 column by 4 rows types, which is kind of a trap.
- vec4 does not say it's 4 floats whereas vec4f does
- "lerp" might be a better name than "mix"
- etc...