D and .lib files. C++/Other?

Damien Gibson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 2 09:06:15 PDT 2017

> Ahh, you need to initialise the D runtime before you call any
> functions that depend on it (e.g. ones that interact with the
> file system).
>
> declare
>     extern "C" int rt_init();
> in your c++ code and call it before ConsoleWrite and it should
> work.

Honestly i did try this and it didnt correct the problem...
HOWEVER... I had been deleting the dll page VS and Xamarin always
generate with a shared dll project as since i got dlls working
with D in the first place(I was slow to figure it out) it worked
just fine without the dllmain page they generated...

Placing that back in there now that weve come this far corrected
the problem-> Without the need to even write rt_init in D or C++.

Thank you both very much for the help and information you guys
have provided this problem is finally solved!

IF anyone happens to come across this thread in the future and
has the same problem i did -> Note: Probably involving the use of
Xamarin/MonoDevelop or Visual Studio with dll creation or
compatibility with C++ I'd be happy to create a couple of sample
projects and list the stuff it required me to install for it all
to work.

I'm not going to do that at this moment as since I had to ask it
seems i MAY be the only moron who seemed to have this issue?
Anyway Bye everyone!