unittest-cov - results?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 5 21:30:32 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, July 05, 2017 19:13:21 Jolly James via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 July 2017 at 19:01:06 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 05, 2017 18:50:32 Jolly James via
> >
> > Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

> >> I have changed the 'build' to 'test' in the command. Now at
> >> least I get the following message: "All unit tests have been
> >> run successfully." which should not actually happen, as my
> >> code contains an 'assert(false);' unittest.
> >
> > If you don't run the tests, you won't get any code coverage.
> > Building with
> >
> > dub test --coverage
>
> The following command does not change anything:
>    dub test --coverage --arch=x86_64 --compiler=ldc2
>
> All I get is "All unit tests have been run successfully." in the
> command line.

I don't know why you'd need arch if you're running the tests on the same
system that you're building them. And I don't know if ldc has the code
coverage stuff that dmd has or not - that depends on which pieces of it are
in the front end and which pieces are in the backend. I'd suggest trying it
with dmd instead of ldc to see if you get different results. If

dub test --coverage

does work, whereas running it with the extra flags doesn't, then that at
least tells you something about what's going wrong.

> > should do it. As for your assert(false) test failing, was it in
> > the same module with your main in it?
>
> No, this test is actually in module 'tools.array'.

I don't know then. It was just a thought based on what I've seen before.
Clearly, something is making it so that test doesn't run, but I have no idea
what.

dub does have its own forums though, so you probably stand a better chance
of getting useful help there:

http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/

- Jonathan M Davis