Application settings

Timothee Cour via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 8 14:08:03 PDT 2017

I use protocol buffers (using dproto) for this, storing my settings in
either text or wire format. Advantages: type-safety with fwd/backward
compatibility (unlike json which requires dynamic field access, eg
with dproto you get errors at compile time instead of runtime),
supports comments (although can be done w preprocessor on json config
file), supports more types than json (especially binary without
needing to base64 encode).