Faster alternatives to std.xml

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 9 18:53:16 PDT 2017

On Saturday, July 8, 2017 8:45:57 PM MDT Nordlöw via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:
> What's the fastest XML-parser on code.dlang.org?
>
> Are there any benchmarks that show performance improvements
> compared to std.xml?

I'm not aware of any benchmarks for std.xml, but from what I know of it, it
would likely lose them all.

I've used

http://code.dlang.org/packages/std-experimental-xml

which was a GSoC project last year and was aimed at becoming the new
std.xml, but it hasn't been touched since November. It seems like the author
got too busy with school, and it fell completely by the wayside. So, I don't
know what's going to happen to it. It's worked reasonably well for my needs,
but it does have bugs, and it needs some work. I'd still rather use it than
std.xml though.

- Jonathan M Davis