Help me fix my compiler

Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 12 13:00:37 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 12 July 2017 at 12:05:17 UTC, Namal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used the Install Script command line to install the newest
> dmd compiler (Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS). Now I have to type 'source
> ~/dlang/dmd-2.074.1/activate' before I can use it and it is
> also not show in the software center like it used to be. How
> can I fix it or how can I remove it?
>
> Thx

You are using the script directly from dlang.org, as such you can
manipulate (manage) your installed compilers directly from the
shell. And not just DMD, it also manages LDC and GDC.

     dmd|gdc|ldc           latest version of a compiler
     dmd|gdc|ldc-<version> specific version of a compiler (e.g.
dmd-2.071.1, ldc-1.1.0-beta2)
     dmd|ldc-beta          latest beta version of a compiler
     dmd-nightly           latest dmd nightly
     dmd-2016-08-08        specific dmd nightly

To uninstall any compiler previously installed via this script
simply type ~/dlang/install.sh uninstall <compiler version>

     install.sh uninstall dmd
     install.sh uninstall dmd-2.071.1
     install.sh uninstall ldc-1.1.0-beta2

To install a different version of the compiler type
~/dlang/install.sh uninstall <other version>

     install.sh install dmd
     install.sh install dmd-2.071.1
     install.sh install ldc-1.1.0-beta2

To make the 'source ~/dlang/dmd-2.074.1/activate' persistent,
simply store it in ~/.bash_profile. If this file does not already
exist, simply create it.

Best of luck.
Andrew