Profiling Windows App and DLL

Igor via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 17 13:36:58 PDT 2017

Is there a known limitation in profiling these or am I doing
something wrong?

When I try to run my application from VisualD (x64 build) with
-profile switch I just get Access Violation reported on WinMain
function (actual declaration, it doesn't enter its body). If I
build it with dub build --build=profile and then try to run it
nothing happens, like it doesn't run at all.

If I only add -profile switch on DLL part of the application I
get the same Access Violation on DllMain.

I also tried "Very Sleepy" profiler but it only shows symbols for
main application and not for the DLL that it loads which is also
built with debug info.